So many things happened last summer.
1. I spent some time in Michigan and remembered what rain was.
2. The boys and I waited to welcome Rowan into the world. (But Kimberly was the most excited one to do that!!!)
3. I slid down a turf hill on cardboard boxes with Zedd and Ephraim.
4. And had a kool-aid sale with Zedd, Ephraim and Lilah.
5. I probably did some other things also… 🙂
6. Oh, the biggest thing was getting ice cream at a wonderful creamery very close to Kim and Adam’s house (almost everyday!!!!) You know how much I love ice cream!
And all this made the time pass by very quickly. Before I knew it, someone came to visit:
Good picture, huh!? The camel flew all the way from to Dubai to meet my family in Michigan. For those of you who don’t know the camel, his name is Etienne! At this point in the summer, we had been together for 7 months, but away for 1 1/2, so it was very good to see him and to introduce him to all the people that I love!
More on his trip to the States soon!
There is a baby boy! Pictures coming soon…
I’ll be honest- I’m not experienced at this. You wanna know why? Because I’m not a boy. But I’ve been hanging out with two people who are definitely little boys… Zeddicus and Ephraim, my nephews. And I’ve been learning a few tricks of the trade from them.
Like how to skip stones in a creek… A very valuable skill:
And how to slide down turf hills on cardboard only to do it again and again:I was so impressed that I had to try…
I’m sure I will learn even more from them in the coming days… and I can’t wait.
One of the best things about being back in the States for over week now is that I’ve gotten to run through the rain twice. And it has been glorious.
The plants have enjoyed it…
And so has Zedd…
Two things I haven’t been able to do in a few months:
Sit outside for a long period of time and Lay on a picnic blanket
I love Michigan summers because they are green, full of cooler breezes than I’m used to at this point in my life and warm from the sunshine. All of this makes for perfect outside gallivanting weather and a wonderful start to spending time with my family.
My nephew Dano and a tree